Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am not alone

An excerpt from the book "Revolutionary Wealth" by Alvin & Heidi Toffler.

As a then-leading member of the U.S. Senate, Connie Mack, once complained to us:

We never have more than two and a half uninterrupted minutes for anything on Capitol Hill. There’s no time to stop and think or to have anything approaching an intellectual conversation….

We have to spend two thirds of our time doing public relations, campaigning or raising campaign funds. I’m on this committee, that task force, the other working group, and who knows what else. Do you think I can possibly know enough to make intelligent decisions about all the different things I’m supposed to know about? It’s impossible. There’s no time. So my staff makes more and more decisions.

Very reassuring.

4 comments:

mutRupuLLi said...

Hey CV,
Nice to see that you have been blogging more frequently in the last few months...
will try to catch up soon... : )
Cheers

Cosmic Voices said...

Good to see you too mutRupuLLi...

Hope I give you frequent opportunities to comment over here.

Sameera said...

u shd have two blogs..one for these kind of boring posts which dumb people like me cant get and one for ur comedy ones which leave people like me in splits..

Cosmic Voices said...

I hardly write enough for a single blog.

In any case, I am sure have some idea of the way things happen in your dad's office. So you should be able to get this.